Thursday, August 26, 2010

1ST POST! The packing begins... & contact info.

It's already August 26th, and this time tomorrow I will be on an airplane headed to the Czech Republic. It's a good thing all my packing is done! (Now, to tackle NYU summer reading...)

The good thing about packing for studying abroad is that NYU supplies (besides furniture) all linens, towels, and hangers. The bad thing? I don't get to pack a car (or two) full of my belongings and drive 2.5 hours to Pennsylvania. Instead, I have to take the 9 hour plane ride to the Czech Republic and follow airline baggage policy. Air France allows passengers 1 standard baggage item (55 cm (l) x 35 cm (w) x 25 cm (h)) to carry-on and 1 checked luggage item (must not exceed 23 kg/50 lb and 158 cm/62 in).

How was I going to fit all of this??!


Well, I had a little help (ok, a lot of help) from the resident packing expert (my mom) and here is the finished product! Notice the handy dandy scale in the bottom corner?


Yes, I cheated and decided to take a second suitcase! And also I should probably let you know that I did not fit my entire closet into these 2 suitcases. In fact, about 4/5 of my closet is still hanging there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, a few quick notes about keeping in touch!
  1. My number for texting is (210) 444-2845. I use an iTouch app that is supported by all US carriers, is free for me, and you will receive standard texting rates.
  2. My skype name is jennthompson930. Add me. Prague is 6 hours ahead of EST.
  3. My email address is jennifer930@gmail.com. I also use gchat.
  4. My facebook username is jennifer930.
  5. I like mail... My postal address is



    NYU in Prague
    Male namesti 2, Prague, 110 00,
    The Czech Republic.
  6. And if you like mail... let me know what your address is and I'll send you a postcard!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! Finally off to Prague!!?? I love this blog idea... Have fun!! Don't spend all your time studying and try to get to Germany for Oktoberfest.

Have a safe flight and keep posting pictures.

We will miss you at Thanksgiving :(

Chriswin

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
Nice to know that you off to Prague now. All the best and have a good time.

Unknown said...

lil j--

I absolutely LOVE your blog layout! Good luck to you in Prague. Enjoy this experience.

I am not going to say keep in touch as I know we definitely will.

Cheers.

--S

Unknown said...

Super, loved the blog layout.Have a blast Jenn. We all are looking to 'czeching' (your pun, not mine!) prague out through you:) Love and a big hug...

mM said...

Awesome, will follow your blog and stories for sure.... please email us as and when you post them online...

Do remember to add pictures in your posts, it will make us connect and relate better to your posts and the location....

Dejte pozor, bavit se a být velmi bezpečné.

Unknown said...

Tell me you didn't bring a scale...

Jenn said...

Chriswin- I'll try for Germany! Most places are booked already though... I'll miss everyone at Thanksgiving too! More turkey for all of you there though!

I wish I knew who Anonymous was...

Pinky- that's funny that you say that about the background, because now that I look at it, it does look a lot like mehendi!

Micky- You'll have to help me with my Czech... yours is much better than mine!

Nelly- Don't worry I didn't bring a scale! Haha, you would ask me that..