Sunday, August 29, 2010

Orientation

There's nothing too exciting to report from Prague. I haven't taken pictures yet, otherwise you would be seeing some pretty castles right now.


This is a map of (some of) Prague. If you look to the middle right, I'm close to the Vinohrady neighborhood. As you can tell, Prague has no grid system, and it can get pretty confusing navigating the streets.

Tomorrow I have my first of five "intensive Czech language courses." Should be interesting...

I'm also yet to have authentic Czech cuisine. Instead my meals have consisted of Italian, sandwiches, and Chinese. I'll let you know how that goes.

Some interesting things:
Dogs here are not walked on leashes.
Some people walk pigs instead of dogs. Without leashes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Pigs as pets...thats certainly interesting!!!

Unknown said...

I want a pet pig! Bring me back one?

Unknown said...

Try some authentic Czech cuisine and let me know how it is!

Walking pets without leashes?! That's a big NO-NO!

Unknown said...

Pigs being walked!! That would be a picture you definitely must post.

Jenn said...

I'll try to get a picture of the pig next time... although I may have exaggerated. Since actually that is the only pig I have seen being walked so far!