Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kitchen Adventures

So, a few weeks ago I finally started to cook. I'm giving myself a generous learning curve, and although I might spare myself some embarrassment by leaving any and all cooking entries out of my blog, I still wanted to include this one, at the very least for my future entertainment.

I started off with scrambled eggs. Easy enough, right? Well, it's funny how after how many cooking shows I've watched just how quickly I forget the basics. I forgot to put butter in the pan before cracking my egg into it. Oops. No major crisis there...  Later on in the week I attempted to make a panini, which ended up being a sandwich with bread made soggy by olive oil. Times like this I really miss the mini George Foreman grills in the caf! And, finally on Thursday night I made myself dinner. Well, the roasted veggies came out good. As for the rice, I'm not even going to include a picture (although if requested by popular demand, I may be willing to change my mind). Let's just say this is the reaction I got when I showed people the picture I took: "I thought that was mashed potatoes." and "Is that cottage cheese?" Well, I'll just chalk it all up to a learning experience (and way too many parts water to rice)!

9/16: Baby potatoes and button mushrooms roasted with grilled seasoning
I made this combination quite a few times, and quickly learned about parboiling the potatoes first. My next recipe to try out? Pasta and sauce.

 9/27: Whole wheat pasta with Neopolitan sauce, ground chicken, roasted red peppers, and mozzarella cheese

9/28: Quesadillas with edaim cheese, roasted red peppers, and ground chicken

10/5: Chinese style fried rice with mixed vegetables and scrambled eggs


PS: I have been super, incredibly busy for the past few days, so I have not yet had time to put up entries about my birthday weekend. They are coming shortly, so stay tuned for those!

2 comments:

mM said...

awesome food, very tempting and its making me hungry...

Jenn said...

Thanks Mickey! I'll admit though that everything I cook is pretty simple so it's all easy to make.. comes out tasty though at least!