Thursday, October 7, 2010

Me, the tour guide

On Friday, 10/1, we slept in a little, but I had a busy day planned for us. I wanted to show Alex a bunch of the main places of Prague. So I took her on a little tour...

First we went to Old Town Square and walked there. We saw the astronomical clock as well as my 2 school buildings. We then went to the Jewish Quarters - I've never actually taken a tour of this place, so I wasn't very informative during this part. Plus, it was a Jewish holiday that day, so everything was closed. I did know we were in the right place though, because the buildings had Jewish stars on them! We then went to a certain, very interesting museum... (Sarah, you will be glad to hear I finally took your advice and went!)

 Old Town Square!

Next we walked down to Wenceslas Square (and shopped in the H&M) and I also took Alex to the gardens where they have that great ice cream. Then, we met up with Laura, and later Kim and walked to the Charles Bridge. The weather was great that day and cooperating with all of our walking! We crossed the bridge over the Vltava River into the Lesser Quarters and had lunch at this little Italian place called Carmelita.

 Alex and I on the Charles Bridge

Risotto with roasted chicken breast and vegetables, parmesan cheese, and spring onions.

Next up? A tour of Prague Castle. We walked up Nerudova Street (Royal Way or Kings Road), that is on a steep incline, and features the typical cobblestone on a narrow road with ancient burgher houses on one side, and a great view on the other side. Finally, one huge hill later, we were at the castle and cathedrals there.

The view from Nerudova Street!

It was quite an exhausting day, and we were long overdue for a nap when we finally got back to Machova that night!

0 comments: