Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weekend of exhaustion and excitement continues...

That Saturday, 10/2, we woke up exhausted, again. But I was intent on showing Alex a scattering of all my favorite places in Prague. So, I of course wanted to take her to Radost for their vegetarian weekend brunch! We met up with Laura, John, and Mitha and had some delicious food at Radost (which is again, within walking distance!). I had an apple quesadilla (tart apples and melted brie in a crisp fried tortilla served with peanut / coconut sauce.)

I really wanted to take Alex on a tour of the Lesser Quarters, but with fall break planning we had very little time. Laura and I booked our flight to Paris for 10/21, a euro rail pass between France and Spain, and a flight back from Barcelona on 10/31. The rest is to be continued!

I wanted to take Alex to dinner for a traditional Czech meal, so we walked on over to Chudoba. I hadn't had actual Czech food (besides smažený sýr) since orientation, so I was looking forward to the (heavy) meal. Laura and Alex ordered the goulash dish I had there a month ago during orientation, and I ordered a dish, which interestingly enough, had a piece of chicken cooked inside a hash brown!

Beef goulash with dumplings and horseradish

Traditional chicken breast and hash brown

Alex had an early morning Sunday flight to wake up to, so we were pretty low key. I took her to the Peach Pit (since we are both huge 90210 fans!), and then to Wenceslas Square for some of the infamous smažený sýr fresh from the vendor's stalls!

0 comments: