Monday, October 18, 2010

Study Breaks & Midterms

On Sunday, 10/17, I went to Radost FX for brunch. The NYU in Prague student council was giving a 100 kc subsidy for the first 25 people to arrive. We made sure to get there in plenty of time - which was easy enough since Machova is so close to the place! I got the waffles with fresh fruit, maple syrup and whipped cream. I haven't had a "traditional" American breakfast like waffles or pancakes in ages, so I was set on ordering that. In the past when I've ordered pancakes, I've gotten crepes. So, it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise when my waffles came out and they looked and tasted exactly like frozen toaster waffles. They were fine, but not what I was expecting. By the way, little known fact: Radost FX is the location where Rihanna shot her music video "Please Don't Stop the Music"!

My breakfast of waffles

 This current week is midterms. I have 3 midterms and 1 paper. The rest of the day on Sunday I went to work studying and writing. I did take a little break in the evening though... I went to the Statni Opera House to see the Sleeping Beauty ballet with Kim! The dances, music, set, and costumes were great as always. Imagine our surprise, though, when at no point in the ballet did the princess fall asleep! It turns out that the Czech version of Sleeping Beauty is the US Disney version of Anastasia. Although I could not follow too much since I didn't know the plot of Anastasia, I still really enjoyed the ballet.

 Sleeping Beauty cast taking a bow

As of now, I have turned in one English paper. 3 more midterms to go, and then it is fall break! I have a week off and will be traveling to France and Spain.

0 comments: