Thursday, November 18, 2010

Amsterdam, Nederland: Day 4

Sunday, 10/14

I wanted to show Alex the I Amsterdam sign, so we woke up earlier than the rest and headed down there. Our hotel check out was at 10 am so we just lugged our things with us, since the others would wake up later and check out our room. We passed by the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum, the Concert "gebouw" hall and the Stedelijk Museum. After taking plenty of pictures (without a million tourists milling around at this early hour) we went to the tulip market to meet up with the others.

Alex and I in the 'm'

I was done with my souvenir shopping so a little while later Alex, Cassidy and I split up from the other 2 and went back to the Damrak area to walk around. I got a falafel sandwich to go from a small restaurant (these places were everywhere) and we spent what seemed like a huge amount of time but was really just a couple of hours walking and laughing along.

We met up with Erin and Brandy back at Sara's Pancakes for our last meal in Amsterdam. I paid some homage to the motherland and got an international pancake... The Indian pancake I had was filled with fried chicken in a spicy Tandoori sauce with peppers, onions, and garlic and a small side salad.

Shortly afterward, we had to head back to the train station to catch our 6:40 flight back to Prague. Alex's flight was at 7:30 so she just came along with us. We picked up some delicious baked goods to hold us over while waiting at the airport and then said our goodbyes. (See you in December in Italy, Alex!) The Prague group checked in and went through security.. only to find our flight was delayed by 40 minutes.. what a surprise. It was after 10 when we were back in Machova, and although I was sad to leave Amsterdam, I was happy to be back in Prague!

0 comments: