Thursday, November 18, 2010

Malastrana, take 4

I'm pretty sure I already have at least 3 posts on Malastrana, but there is so much more sight seeing I am yet to do in this place. I live on the opposite side of the river (on one side) of Malastrana, or the lesser town, so I don't go there that often.

After class on Thursday, 11/18, I got some hot chocolate from Old Town Square to bribe myself from changing my mind about going over. The weather was miserable and the day was dreary, but the cup of hot chocolate - basically a cup of melted chocolate, was enough to coax me from copping out and simply taking the metro home. I walked around first to two different theaters to get ballet tickets (for Goldilocks and the Nutcracker!!!) and spent some time on Legii Bridge taking pictures of Malastrana and Charles Bridge in the distance.

I then took the metro to the Malastrana stop with the intention of going to Malastrana square. Well, the trip wasn't a complete failure, but I did find out that I have a lot of learning to do about this place. I don't know the area well at all and armed with a map of only a snippet of the area (via Google) I was ill-prepared.

I walked around Malastrana namesti (square) and saw the St. Nicholas Church. I do have a couple of pictures of Malastrana, but I'm not putting them up. My camera takes absolutely horrible night pictures (by 4:30 it is already very dark outside) so next time I go to Malastrana I'll make sure to arrive there earlier so I can take pictures that are actually visible.

Cityscape: Prazky Hrad (Prague Castle) and Karluv Most (Charle's Bridge)

Next trip, I aim to find the peeing man statue. Promise.

0 comments: