Thursday, December 16, 2010

Coming down the homestretch - my 2nd to last day here

Wednesday 12/15 I finally had freedom from finals. On Monday I turned in a 10 page English paper at 9 am, and I had the Czech written and oral exam at noon. On Tuesday I took the history exam at noon and had to turn in a sociology 10 page research paper by midnight. Tuesday night I finally got to breathe... and sleep.

I only had 2 days left in Prague, so I had to take full advantage of my limited time left.

Unfortunately, it was snowing again. It was incredibly cold, but we trudged on. Literally. In 1992 the historical core of the city covering 866 hectares was listed in the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage Register. Therefore, the streets and sidewalk are never salted and the cobblestone is not entirely conducive to a surface easily paved. This combination equals tons of slush, puddles, ice and many not so fun walks trudging through the accumulated snow.

We went to the Christmas markets, and Havelska markets... and attempted to find the Sestra Strudel place which is supposed to have the best apple strudel in Prague. But we gave up after bus mishaps. I later went to Mama Coffee with my English class - our professor was great in this class and we had arranged to get coffee with her.

In the night, NYU arranged a buffet at Radost FX for us! They had a slideshow and it was a great night.

(Pictures coming soon)

I only have 1 more day left here.

0 comments: