Thursday, December 16, 2010

Machova 11/4: Suite and room tour

I've been meaning to make this post since orientation... Well, this is where I have lived for the past 4 months.

My building (it's the white one)


There's a guard's room when you walk in on the first floor. The basement has the TV room and the laundry room.


On the landing of the first floor there is the door to the outdoor courtyard - our yard is complete with a grill for cooking.

The bottom middle square was ours

Suite hallway

I live on the fifth floor, which only has one suite (instead of 2). My suite has 4 bedrooms. There is a triple, a double (mine), a single, and the RAs single.


In the kitchen we have a full sized fridge (not pictured) and there's a stove, oven, sink, dishwasher (!), and a mini freezer.


Bathrooms...

WC

Bathroom

The balconies on the kitchen and bedrooms are permanently locked. We can only open the top part in order to allow for some breeze. The bottom part is always kept locked. Apparently, NYU does not trust their students on open balconies at high elevations... Take this for whatever you may think, but personally, if I had a working balcony off of my room, I would use it all the time. And I don't think my life would ever be in particular danger.

Our double is the last room on the hallway before the stairs to the study lounge. We have bunk beds (I have the top - but it's really not that high, so I don't mind), a desk / chair each, a wardrobe / small drawer stand each, and we share a mini fridge.

 Right side of the room when entering (From L-R: my wardrobe, bunk bed, her desk)

 Left side of the room (From L-R: our fridge, her wardrobe, and my desk)

Study lounge


Balcony off of the study lounge


Home sweet home.

0 comments: