Sunday, September 5, 2010

Orientation Day 6, 9/4/10

Yesterday wasn't too interesting. There was sports day from 3-6 at a gym somewhere, but I wasn't too interested in going to that. There was a Prague castle tour at 2, but I had already gone to one. And there was the Czech Philharmonic at 8 pm, but I had gotten tickets for the Marriage of Figaro instead.

How did I spend my day? I started it off great, by sleeping in for the first time. Later in the afternoon, I went to the gym via the metro. I decided to stop by the mall that is across the Flora station and walked around inside. There is a big Albert's grocery store at the bottom floor. You can get into the mall through the subway instead of leaving the station, going outside, and crossing the street... which will be nice when it gets cold outside. Anyway, I got to the gym and went on the treadmill. I was pleasantly surprised at how 'fast' I was running... until I realized the treadmills were probably set to kilometers, and not miles. Oops. On my way back I stopped at the Albert's right next to the gym and picked up a few things (cereal, water bottles, peanuts, and Pringles). Walking to the station and then to Machova was not fun with 6 1.5 liter water bottles.

That was it basically for yesterday. Nothing too interesting. I'm not going to attempt cooking until another week. I'll see how my schedule is first with school work and classes, before I go on a food shopping spree. Did I mention that I don't know how to cook?

0 comments: